Sunday, September 14, 2008

We're baack...check out the nursery

Preparations for the little munchkin have been keeping us busy, hence the lack of blogging for a while. The house is really starting to feel like home, and just in the nick of time.

The nursery is nearly finished! We have a few more pictures to hang, but it's pretty close. We really wanted a fun, playful room - and one that was gender-neutral since that's still a surprise for us. We managed to pull it together on a fairly reasonable budget as well! Check it out:







Crib: Childcraft Contemporary from Target - recommended by Baby Bargains. Easy to put together and quite sturdy
Sheet: DwellStudio Circles from Target
Mobile: Hand-me-down from a friend
Giraffe: Relic from my own childhood bedroom
Changing table: A bookshelf my grandpa made years ago, with a few baskets from Pier one and a contoured changing pad. Cover is Tiddliwinks from Target.
Mirror with mobile: From local Ithaca artist Werner Sun. LOVE his stuff!
Curtains: Barnslig from Ikea.
Bookshelf: From my college days...World Market, I think.
Lamp: A great shower gift from my Mom...from Target, I think.
Quilt: A handmade gem from my Mom's friend Diane - complete with bright colors and safari animals.
Rocking chair: An antique from my Grandma Hall. With a new seat cushion from Pier One.
Dresser: Another relic from my childhood decorated with some fantastic shower presents from family and some artificial flowers from our old house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Very well done! I can't believe the baby is almost here.